Year 11 Results: 2018
Ashley College provides short term support to pupils who are unable to attend mainstream school due to their medical needs. We have places for 20 pupils in the centre (aged 11-16yrs), we also provide home tuition for pupils 5-16yrs of age who are unable to attend mainstream school or Ashley College. Our aim for the KS4 pupils is to ensure that they all achieve qualifications to progress to Further Education.
Outcomes over time are good. Our cohorts constantly change, some of our 2017-18 Yr 11 pupils did not start with us until they were in end of Yr10. There has been increasing attainment for all learners since 2014, with an increase of number of pupils achieving 5 A*-C (9-4) from 0% to 60%.
For summer 2018 exam results, we are pleased to report:
- 75% of pupils achieved above their estimated Attainment 5 measure.
- 40% achieved above the national average Attainment 8 score per pupil of 44.3.
- 1 pupil achieved grade 8, above predicted in Maths, 9 x other L2 qualifications ( grade 4+), as well as 2 x L3 qualifications.
- 1 pupil achieved 8 x L2 qualifications, including a grade 9 in English Literature.
- 100% Achieved at least 1 qualification a A*-C ( 9-4)
- 100% went onto FE college or 6th Form
Teachers effectively plan to help pupils to close gaps in their knowledge and understanding. They monitor progress effectively and ensure that pupils access appropriate tasks and make good progress.